What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backlight not working

Frantheman82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 here that has had its LCD display and digitiser replaced and now the backlight doesn't work. I've searched and searched for a possible fix. I have reset it and also restored through itunes. I have ordered a new LCD ribbon cable to replace that incase that's the problem but it's not looking good. Any suggestions? :(

J3n5ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the exact same problem with my iPad, did you find a solution for this?

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like it still may be covered under the warranty. Any Apple stores nearby? If not go to the site and look for support or a phone number. If you had the display and digitizer replaced, where did you send it?

J3n5ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced it myself, therefore I don't think it will be covered under warranty.
Meanwhile I discovered that the LCD backlight chip on the mainboard is probably broken, which is most likely caused by creating a short-circuit while disconnecting the LCD connector with my metal spudger.
But I found a repair service that can repair my mainboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts