What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Problem for some apps

rohlrogge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just encountered an unusual problem on my iPad - the audio for some apps works fine but not for other apps. Everything was fine prior to the 4.3 upgrade and although I can't be 100% sure whether that is when the problem started it is the only significant change I have made to the iPad recently. For example NPR app audio works fine while CNN app does not. When I cannot get any audio and I try to change the audio level the on screen audio level display does not show.

Rich

OP
R

rohlrogge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - that is the first thing that I did. The oddity is why a problem with some apps and not others. Suggests a subtle software issue that impacts some apps and not others. Just wanted to see if others have experienced this!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was a post in another thread this morning (or was it last night!) from someone with the exact same problem. I made the same suggestion as twerppoet - I’ve yet to hear back.

Tim
Scotland

OP
R

rohlrogge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved - it was the mute button setting that was causing the problem. Even though the button was set to mute some audio streaming apps still worked while others were muted. So there still is a problem related to the function of the button but not an issue for me anymore!! Thanks for your input!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved - it was the mute button setting that was causing the problem. Even though the button was set to mute some audio streaming apps still worked while others were muted. So there still is a problem related to the function of the button but not an issue for me anymore!! Thanks for your input!!

Thanks for getting back to us. I learn something new everyday here! I appreciate you telling us what the solution to the problem was.

Tim
Scotland

redrersp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Your posts and Tim's suggestion helped me solve the same problem. I had fixed the mute button but apparently needed to turn it off and then back on in order to get it to recognize the change.

Most reactions

Latest posts