What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

at&t data plan

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've gotten really frustrated too with things like this happening and not knowing why data has run off so fast without any answers. I found a service that I started using called TruConnect though that lets me use WiFi with my iPad through a 3G connection, so anywhere AT&T 3G works, for $4.99/month and I only pay for the data I use at 3.9 cents/MB. I used only 167 MB last month so my bill was $6.51 + $4.99 = $11.50. This might also solve your problem because you use a MiFi device that you can turn off so independently of iPad so data can't be charged when the MiFi is not on. Also you can connect up to 5 devices using this MiFi so my wife and I use it for both our iPads with only one data plan. It's a sweet deal for us!

That sounds like a plan I would like to have. If I follow you correctly I would have to buy the small Mifi device Truconnect sells and use WiFi thru that device,QUESTION. where does your 3 G data plan come from. What happens to the AT&T the carrier I am now stuck with using their data plan. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Al

AT&T's data plan is month to month, no contract, but it auto-renews. So if you want to quit it, you cancel online (easy) or call. Otherwise, they'll just keep billing you monthly.

Thanks for the answer Kay but I need to know what plan he was using with the mi-fi from truconnect. I have been with at&t for two years both domestic and international,I hardly use the domestic but I still have to pay the whole month cost for very little use that's why I am going to change to truconnect. I have checked their web site and its a very good plan.

al.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al, I was answering your question about what happens with your AT&T data plan now that you've decided to switch.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al, I was answering your question about what happens with your AT&T data plan now that you've decided to switch.

I was getting confused in the post where he said.

I found a service that I started using called TruConnect though that lets me use WiFi with my iPad through a 3G connection, so anywhere AT&T 3G works,

If the (so) was left out it would have been fine. A Play on words there.:confused:

It least we got to chat for awhile.:D

Al.,

Most reactions