at launch will the price of ipad 3, be the same as the currant ipad 2 price?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by jaymes420, Feb 22, 2012.

1. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm....may have to check my verizon store as well for an ipad 2. Thanks, Mike. :)

2. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    It is Apple's practice to establish a price schedule and keep it in all subsequent model. There are circumstances where this changes, but more often the price goes lower. The standard rumor that is consistent is that the iPad 2 will be kept as a low end entry model, probably at $399, maybe lower. It makes more sense than an 8" model.

3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Depending on how good the discount, you have to move quickly when they're discounting leftover stock. Often, tech blogs and shopper blogs will publicize discounts and the leftovers move quickly. I also think some people buy and resell at a markup, for example, so you're not just competing against regular shoppers. Depends on location, too.

4. jaymes420

jaymes420
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    im pretty confident the iPad 3 wont start at launch with a more expensive model, first of all, they would have to make all 3 sizes more expensive, and it doesn't really seem logical. i think if every online rumor about the ipad 3 is 100% real, and they unveil some awesome machine that surpasses everybody's expectation, then yeah maybe it'll be more expensive, but that's highly unlikely to happen. the other thing that makes me think we'll see the same price plan for iPad 3, is if you take a look at the video of steve jobbs unveiling the iPad 2, when he's talking about the price, he seems very excited to let people know that it will be launching at the same price plan as the ipad 2, then states the first generation ipad will be discounted. but i really felt that it was included in apples ethic not to start off new models 200-250 dollars more expensive than the previous model. and i think that's great, and a smart way to inshore sales.

5. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, KayKayKay for the heads up! Always good to know this.