What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are chargers interchangable?

williams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad2 for about a year now. Just yesterday I had to get a new cell phone, and I got an iPhone 4S. For the most part, it is a mini-iPad. My question is about chargers. Is it OK to interchange these two? I would hate to have to keep them separate and it would be good if I only needed one when I travel.

brownargus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the device can be connected to USB, then it is safe to assume that the same charger can be used on both devices.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad charger supplies more power to charge the iPad than the iPhone one does. There is no problem interchanging them, but you are best to use the iPad charger on both devices (it will not hurt the iPhone) when you can only use one (e.g. when travelling). If you use the phone charger to charge the iPad, it will charge, but very slowly...

Most reactions

Latest posts