What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Watch SOS Emergency Feature Saves Woman’s Life After Car Crash

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
woman credits Apple Watch with saving the life of her and her baby.JPG

Shape.com reports today on how a woman used her Apple Watch SOS feature to call for help for her and her 9-month-old baby son after her car was hit by a drunk driver.

Twenty-four-year-old Kacie Anderson from Hannover, PA, wrote a letter to Apple telling them how the device saved the life of her and her baby, explaining how her car was stationary at a red light when it was hit by a drunk driver.

“The moment he hit us everything inside the car went airborne…I blacked out for about a minute and could not see. My eyes were wide open but all I saw was black,” she told Shape. “My hands flew around to feel for my phone and then I realised I had my watch on and commanded it to call 911.”

When the ambulance came and took Kacie and her son to hospital, the baby escaped with just some bruises, but Kacie had more serious injuries, including severe concussion and a swollen brain, as well as two ruptured neck muscles. However, it could have been much worse if Kacie had not been able to call for an ambulance so quickly, and she thanks the Apple Watch for “saving” her and her son. “I feel so blessed that I had my Apple Watch on.”

Source: The Apple Watch Just Saved a Mom and Her Baby After She Was Hit By a Drunk Driver

Attachments

• woman credits Apple Watch with saving the life of her and her baby.JPG
    woman credits Apple Watch with saving the life of her and her baby.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 326

Most reactions

Latest posts