Apple Watch Orders Will be Online-Only at Launch

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 9, 2015.

By Maura on Apr 9, 2015 at 2:58 PM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Apple Watch Orders Online Only.JPG

Rumours have been swirling around for days that supplies of the Apple Watch will be restricted at launch, and today this has been confirmed by Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts with the following statement:

Apple Watch pre-orders kick off on April 10 at 12:01 Pacific, prior to going on sale on April 24 in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and the United Kingdom.

Apple says that the Apple Watch will also be available at boutiques in major cities such as Colette in Paris, Dover Street Market in London and Tokyo, Maxfield in Los Angeles and The Corner in Berlin, as well as select Apple Authorized Resellers in China and Japan.

Source: Apple Watch Orders Exclusively Online at Launch Demand Expected to Exceed Supply - Mac Rumors

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Nepheler
      Nepheler
      Just don't understand why Apple watch can only ordered online...I just want to go to Apple store, try the real item and make the order...Isn't it a good time to push for the Apple Pay?
    2. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      If you had your iPhone or iPad with you, you could use that once you decide the watch you want. It has a store-pickup option, and will use the same card as your Apple Pay. It's probably just as easy, or even easier, than having a representative take all you information; especially since they won't have stock on hand to give you anyway.

And don't say 'what if you don't have an iPhone?'. No much point to the watch unless you have an iPhone.

But don't mind me. I'm just being contrary, because that's the mood I'm in today. :)
    3. scifan57
      scifan57
      The Apple Watch orders are online only for now because Apple likely doesn't have enough stock to supply both online orders and provide inventory for its stores. It could be well into summer before you can walk into an Apple Store and leave with an Apple Watch that wasn't ordered online for in-store pickup.
    4. Nepheler
      Nepheler
      reasonable, there might be a shortage of sapphire display again:confused: