iTunes U is a service that manages, distributes, and control access to educational audio and video content for students in a college or university. iTunes U includes lectures, language lessons, lab demonstrations, sports, and campus tours provided by many colleges and universities in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand.
Apple has now released an important update, bringing the following new features in version 3.1:
This update brings the option to include images in the posts made in iTunes U. The grade book has also been refreshed to display a student’s average grade within a course. Furthermore, the grade book can also now display minimum, maximum, and average grades in a class for an assignment.
- Posts can now include images
- Grade book displays student’s average grade within a course
- Grade book displays minimum, maximum and mean grades for an assignment
- iTunes U is now designed to take advantage of the larger canvas of iPad Pro
- Includes minor stability and performance improvements
The iPad Pro is expected to be popular among the education market, so it was important for Apple to deploy this update before the official release of the large iPad. Apple also notes of various stability and performance improvements, as well.