The new version of Apple's iPhone operating system is here. Apple debuted iOS 10 at the WWDC event today. Here are just some of the coolest new iOS X features and functions from those creative Cupertino engineers:
These are just a sampling of the impressive new capabilities that Apple has built-into iOS 10. I's easy to be impressed with all of the advancements that Apple has come up with for the next generation of their iPhone and iPad OS.
- Automatic download of apps across your devices including your AppleTV and iOS, etc. If you download an app to your iPhone it will automatically install on your Apple TV and iPad as well.
- Universal Clipboard - parts of text, hyperlinks, etc. can be copied on one iOS or macOS device, and will be available on all the others
- Redesigned lock screen with improved notifications, quick interactions with apps, and expanded 3D Touch
- "Raise to wake" feature - you can wake the phone's lock screen just by lifting it - will give you an overview of notifications or updates. Notifications are different and you can respond to them using 3D Touch - you can also respond and interact with the app immediately
- 3D Touch now includes widgets for apps - you don't have to launch the app at all - You can see info and get video highlights, without even entering the app.
- Siri is opened up to developers - Supported apps include Slack, WeChat, and WhatsApp, Uber, Runtastic, Runkeeper, MapMyRun, Skype and more
- Siri includes improved contextual awareness - it can now make intelligent suggestions using your current location, calendar availability, contact information, and recent address - uses advanced Deep Learning to rival the likes of Google and Cortana
- Photos app improved with Deep Learning - adds new object and scene detection for more powerful search and sorting on your device - the AI is local to the device for security - the device can will cluster together photos that are relevant at any moment you choose by keywords including trips and photos of the last weekend or last year - it can even automatically edit and splice highlight reels of your events, trips and more - includes a feature called Memories - shows off highlights of people, map of locations, and related memories.
- iMessage Apps vastly improved with a ton of new features, including dynamic emoticons and much more