What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Offers Free Repairs for iPhones, iPod touches and Macs Damaged in Japanese Eart

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Japan_help.JPG

TUAW reports that Apple is providing free service and repairs to Mac users in Japan whose computers and equipment were damaged by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in March. According to a Support & Information Services note on Apple’s Japanese site, any damaged Macs, Cinema Displays, iPhones, iPads or iPod touches owned by people who live in municipalities covered by the Disaster Relief Act 2011 will be repaired for free if the damage occurred as a result of the earthquake.

As TUAW points out, Apple has been working hard to help both its employees and members of the general public in Japan ever since the earthquake and tsunami struck, opening Apple Stores as makeshift communication centres so that people could use the in-store machines to email friends and family and generally make use of the facilities in the store for free. Apple also paid many expenses such as hotel bills for employees who had been displaced from their homes by the disaster and generally looked after it's staff as best it could.

Source: TUAW Apple offering free repairs for iPod touches, iPhones, and Macs damaged in the Japan quake and tsunami

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Such great news, i am speechless. Good job apple, this is how all and many company should work. If GM, Ford and chrysler has such great leadership, none of the bankrupcy which needed tax payer bailout would not have happened. Great story and thanks maura for posting it

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

doubleR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah definitely. I'd pretty impressed by this also. I mean it shouldn't be a shock but with how a company is mainly about making money you probably wouldn't see this from a RotM company.

themacdaddyjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my hat off to apple for doing that, its really impressive how they have helped out their staff and customers in their time of need and their setting a brilliant example to other companys that could be doing this :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What a nice gesture, I know the cynics would say good publicity, but I'm an optimist.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw this too and also felt it to be a very fine gesture on Apple's part.

harry_japan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this but I really don't know if is true or not because I friend went to a store and the only problem it is not so fast like bunch of questions etc

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts