What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 Now Available for Pre-order on Apple Store

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-ipad-products-2014-pricing-breakdown.png

Today's the day, and now is the time! The Apple iPad Air 2 and the Apple iPad mini 3 are now available for pre-order on Apple's website. In the graphic above you can see the full range of prices for the new super-tab(s) from Apple.

Here's a link to Apple's own comparison of the different iPads currently available from them: https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

Here are several purchase links for various iPad products: (You can configure each one to your desired color and storage size before purchase.)
Here's a link to Apple's main landing purchase comparison page (similar to the comparison link above, but actually allow you to click on purchase links): http://store.apple.com/us/ipad/compare

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what the first weekend pre-order sales will be. I really like how the new iPad Air 2 is even thinner than the iPhone 6!

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Extremely thin is not necessarily a good thing especially with iPad's slippery aluminium back. just bought the iPad Air and it doesn't feel very comfortable holding it. Awesome device and really light but I had to buy a cover to have a better grip on the back. Once you reach a certain thinness of a device, depending on the size of that device, you get diminishing returns striving for ever thinner, because then you sacrifice comfort of actually holding the device.

Anyway, as for Apple, I am beginning to think they are ripping off their customers. iPad 1 to 2 was a big jump and then from iPad 4 for to the Air, but other iterations only saw marginal upgrades, like the current Air to Air 2. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to upgrade from Air to Air 2 (other than those annoying fanboys, of course).

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I was going to upgrade my 1st generation Mini (which I'm not at this precise moment), I'd go for the 32GB 2nd generation Mini over the 3rd. I don't think a gold backing and fingerprint sensor are worth the extra money. The Air 2, likewise, is not quite enough to ditch my current Air for. That said, I'm sure there are many out there who would like to change, so good luck with it.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do believe that the iPad Air 2 is desirable for those who currently have an older device, like me with my iPad 2. I believe...or I should say that I know that I will notice a great difference in improvement with iPad Air 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts