What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App will not delete & not in cloud, help!

Whitecobra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 3, I have a app that needs a update. I can delete from screen and when I try to redownload, it keeps downloading the same verison. I go to app store, try to get app, it shows a cloud as it downloads. I have checked Icloud in Ipad, it says no backup. I have Icloud on PC and there are no apps or backups or any thing there also. Where is this apps info or settings being stored so I can delete and download the new verison? I have tryed and looked every where, and can not figure it out.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iCloud doesn't back up apps, just the information that they are installed and where they were visible on your iPad. It may also backup data saved to the app, if you chose this.

If the app doesn't update on your iPad, use iTunes on your computer to update the app, then sync your iPad to it, so you'll get the updated version to your iDevice.

As you can remove it from your screen, you delete it from your iPad. It's also possible to remove apps in Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage. When you remove the app, you're able to re-download it in the App Store. It will show the cloud next to it. This means it isn't installed in your device, it's available for you to load it again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the normal method of updating apps by going to the updates section of the App Store? Does the app in question appear there awaiting update?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check the iOS version compatibility of the app. If the app is not compatible with your current version it will download the last compatible version of the app.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the iOS version compatibility of the app. If the app is not compatible with your current version it will download the last compatible version of the app.
If the app developer has allowed this, not all developers do.

Most reactions

Latest posts