What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Waiting....

iPadManiac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an App and it wasn't loading so I hit purchase again. I got a message that I had already purchased it so I hit cancel. But the icon had already started loading on my ipad.

So I have a generic icon (no name, nothing) and it says "waiting" underneath with an empty progress bar. I've synched my iPad and it's still there. I can't find it in iTunes and when I click and hold so all the icons shake - they all come up with an "x" except this one.

How can I delete this icon?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot your iPad by holding down the Home button and then the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. Be patient! This can take 10-15 seconds. Once you see the logo, let go of the buttons and your iPad will start up normally.

ipad29.jpg

Little Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot your iPad by holding down the Home button and then the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. Be patient! This can take 10-15 seconds. Once you see the logo, let go of the buttons and your iPad will start up normally.

ipad29.jpg
I have had that problem did this and it was off the screen and gone when I turned my iPad back on.

OP
I

iPadManiac

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ipad29.jpg

Hey, that worked. Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

Tommygun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting message...

I tried this home and sleep key hold and it was unsuccessful. Any solutions?? I got the message after beginning to download on wireless connection at a shop, had to pause and resume through a desktop mac at home. Download completed on desktop, but won't add to ipad, even though it says it has synced to it. Is blank hard drive looking image on ipad and says waiting. Help please. Thanks.

Oastie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem but this worked perfectly for me. Many thanks.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts