What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

app to make notes in books

debs01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am one of those whot likes to make notes when I read.

Does anyone know of an app that I can use that would allow me to take notes . . . perhaps when I read in the Kindle app or the iBooks, etc?

Thanks!
Debbie

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both the Kindle and iBooks apps have built in notes taking ability. Neither are the greatest, having several restrictions to keep the paranoid book publishers happy, but they are more or less usable.

Most ePub, iBooks will let you email/share a note. Combined with Evernote (which provides an email address to add notes) you could do a pretty good job of collecting and organizing them. Here is a couple of samples showing what the Evernote solution does. One with an iBooks Textbook, and the other with an imported (not from the iBooks Store) ePub. That's the two extremes. No notes for PDF files, btw. There are better apps for that.

iBooksNote_2.png

iBooksNote_1.png

I don't see anyway to export notes directly from the Kindle app, but I believe you can do so from the Amazon site. Never tried it though, so no promises.

There are probably better solutions.

Most reactions

Latest posts