What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Library

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

is there a way to rearrange the apps in the App Library to my liking?
The present situation is a hodgepodge.

Thank you
Mark

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sadly, no. It would be nice if you could at least assign them to a category instead of having to depend on the App’s creator and Apple to agree on where it belongs. This is such an obvious weakness of the App Library that I have hopes it will become either more configurable, or do a far better job of self configuring in future versions.

In the mean time, the best you can do to navigate it is to tap on the App Library search at the top of the window. This will give you an alphabetized list of all apps. Tapping on the vertical alphabet bar to the right will quickly take you to the apps beginning with that letter. Or you can start typing in the search, if you happen to remember the name of the app. Doesn’t have to be the beginning of the name, any part will work.

Don‘t forget the ability to search from a Home Screen. Swipe down in the middle of the screen, then start typing the app’s name. Matching apps will appear at the top of the search list. You can tap them to launch.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sadly, no. It would be nice if you could at least assign them to a category instead of having to depend on the App’s creator and Apple to agree on where it belongs. This is such an obvious weakness of the App Library that I have hopes it will become either more configurable, or do a far better job of self configuring in future versions.

In the mean time, the best you can do to navigate it is to tap on the App Library search at the top of the window. This will give you an alphabetized list of all apps. Tapping on the vertical alphabet bar to the right will quickly take you to the apps beginning with that letter. Or you can start typing in the search, if you happen to remember the name of the app. Doesn’t have to be the beginning of the name, any part will work.

Don‘t forget the ability to search from a Home Screen. Swipe down in the middle of the screen, then start typing the app’s name. Matching apps will appear at the top of the search list. You can tap them to launch.
Thank you.
I had a feeling that was the case.
Best
Mark

Most reactions

Latest posts