What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for lyrics

boomerk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Noticed a singer using an iPad to display his lyrics. He could just click on a title and the words would come up. Does anyone know about an app for this or how I can build something to do it.

Byron

kevin syler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boomerk, I'm in the same boat, kinda. I have scanned in all the lyrics/tabs to PDF files on the iMac. Now to get them to my iPad so I can mount it to the mic stand and use it instead of a notebook full of songs. Any he would greatly appreciated!!!

troestler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used an AP called 'onsong' for lyrics and chords. You can search the Internet right from the Ap. you can also edit if you don't care for all the chords or lyrics.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used an AP called 'onsong' for lyrics and chords. You can search the Internet right from the Ap. you can also edit if you don't care for all the chords or lyrics.

Another recommendation for OnSong

HbgBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to check out the apps above.

Currently I write all my docs in Page and save as both Page and PDF on my Mac. Then I transfer the tunes (lyrics n chords) to my iPad and store them in iBooks. I guess it's not the best but it works. It would work a LOT better if I knew how to create folders within iBooks so I can sort the music into genre rather than searching one huge long list.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to check out the apps above.

Currently I write all my docs in Page and save as both Page and PDF on my Mac. Then I transfer the tunes (lyrics n chords) to my iPad and store them in iBooks. I guess it's not the best but it works. It would work a LOT better if I knew how to create folders within iBooks so I can sort the music into genre rather than searching one huge long list.

To create folders in iBooks go to Collections and touch New. You can create as many folders as you require.

OP
B

boomerk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the app Onsong. I haven't had a chance to really get into it yet but it looks like it is going to do every thing I want and more. Thanks to everyone that replied to my post. Byron

HbgBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To create folders in iBooks go to Collections and touch New. You can create as many folders as you require.

Thanks KevinJS... OK.. sorry, I'm an old coot w/o much tech ability.. Once the folders are created.. how do I get existing tunes that are in iBooks into those folders. Doubt there is a drag for this.. but.. ???

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks KevinJS... OK.. sorry, I'm an old coot w/o much tech ability.. Once the folders are created.. how do I get existing tunes that are in iBooks into those folders. Doubt there is a drag for this.. but.. ???

Touch EDIT in the Library view of iBooks. It's in the top right corner. You may have to wait for the word EDIT to appear, until it's finished thinking. Then briefly touch each title you want to move. A check mark will appear on each one. Then touch MOVE, and select the folder you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts