What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for editing meta data

Zmee01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this right! I am doing some voluntar editing for a wartime memories site and prefer to use my ipad 3. Amongst things I need to do is 'Add metadata to the photo, in photoshop it would be File>Info, put the submitter's name in the Author box. In the description box paste the first paragraph from the story, making sure it contains the name of the person in the story, if the submitter has provided specific info about the photo such as where it was taken, when or who is in it, add that to the description box as well'. Is there an app, preferably a free one or a way of doing this? Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Take a look at Photogene: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photogene-4/id363448251?mt=8

As an example, here you can see a few things that can be added to a photo in the app:

image-2537990545.jpg
Afaik it's not free.
Hope that helps.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this right! I am doing some voluntar editing for a wartime memories site and prefer to use my ipad 3. Amongst things I need to do is 'Add metadata to the photo, in photoshop it would be File>Info, put the submitter's name in the Author box. In the description box paste the first paragraph from the story, making sure it contains the name of the person in the story, if the submitter has provided specific info about the photo such as where it was taken, when or who is in it, add that to the description box as well'. Is there an app, preferably a free one or a way of doing this? Thanks

Hello - I would second Johanna's recommendation of Photogene ($3 @ the App Store) - as shown a wide assortment of metadata can be added - as an example on my iPad, I took a photo of some goslings, opened Photogene, added a title, and then transferred to my laptop via Dropbox - below is the pic and also the 'Info' panel opened, blue arrow shows the metadata added - I'm assuming that is your desire vs. having information on the image itself? Let us know - Dave :)

P1000599.JPG Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 1.40.54 PM.png

OP
Z

Zmee01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Before reading your reply I had to go ahead and get something and I bought Exif Edit which seems to be OK.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Before reading your reply I had to go ahead and get something and I bought Exif Edit which seems to be OK.

Well, I've not used the app mentioned, but if still not satisfactory, then give Photogene​ a try - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts