What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aperture 3 for iPad???

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This week in Photography is reporting that Adobe has released a Photoshop Express app for the iPad.

Since the iPad is an Apple product - has anyone heard if they're working on an Aperture Express type app for the ipad?

I'm a photographer and would find it very helpful to have a way to apply some Aperture type changes and photo management on my iPad.

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com
I wouldn't hold my breath. Photoshop Express is a completely different beast. It's a simple pixel editor, while Aperture is a metadata editor and a database application. It would be better to compare Aperture to Adobe Lightroom, which is also not available on the iPad. Technically it is probably possible to make a kind of 'Aperture Lite' that would only do things like rating and adding keywords, but it's very unlikely that the editor part of Aperture could be rewritten for the iPad. Aperture is one of the most demanding applications for the Mac in terms of memory and processing power requirements!

Most reactions

Latest posts