What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using the app called VLC? Hope someone can help.

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Hopefully this is the correct category to get some help.

I downloaded VLC and my friend transferred all my videos that were in my PC laptop. These vids are of my daughter growing up with 'firsts' and some very special moments. They were transferred to VLC so I could do a complete re-format on PCs HHD. All was good until I discovered the app kept shutting down and I can't watch the vids now. I wanted to find the developers website and did a search but VLC is no longer in the App Store (NZ).
Is there anyway I can transfer back the vids from VLC to PC? I don't know how my friend (now ex friend) put these vids on VLC. Thanks in advance.

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just plug the iPad to your computer. You should be able to see the vids in the app folder.

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Hopefully this is the correct category to get some help.

I downloaded VLC and my friend transferred all my videos that were in my PC laptop. These vids are of my daughter growing up with 'firsts' and some very special moments. They were transferred to VLC so I could do a complete re-format on PCs HHD. All was good until I discovered the app kept shutting down and I can't watch the vids now. I wanted to find the developers website and did a search but VLC is no longer in the App Store (NZ).
Is there anyway I can transfer back the vids from VLC to PC? I don't know how my friend (now ex friend) put these vids on VLC. Thanks in advance.

The iOS version of VLC sucked hard so you don't lose much. There are a lot of much better players in the AppStore. Check out my posts here in the "Best video player" thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts