What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Get Charged for the App?

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

As the title says .... looking into my history in iTunes it appears I was charged $3.38 for the iPad Forum app which was supposed to be free. I have been charged for supposedly free apps on a few occasions to date. Anyone else having this issue, or am I the only one getting screwed here?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The top list shows the last few purchases, individually. The second list shows purchases for that day. Are you sure you didn't buy something else that day?

If so, then contact Apple Support. They will give you a refund if you were mistakenly charged, or be able to explain what the charge was actually for.

OP
dru9

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back. It is definitely a charge for this app. I've already had it out with Apple with regards to charges for "free" apps. Specifically a charge of $99.99 for an app that was free. Took alot of back and forth, but finally got them to relent. I've resorted to screen shots to show the free.designation, because as of now there are still 3 apps I've been charged for. Unfortunately this app was "purchased" before I started taking screen shots.

OP
dru9

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just want add that the $99.99 charge was taken from my credit card. Apple refused to refund my card but instead gave me a credit at the Apple store for that amount! Obviously this is not right, and it was a bitch to get my money back. Brutal customer service. And I've been pushing Apple products for over ten years. That won't happen anymore.

OP
dru9

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
You should check out AppShopper, it lists all price changes for apps and when they took place. It might strengthen your position, if you can see exactly when apps were free.

Yes, I already use AppShopper, thanks though. But be careful - I've already caught AppShopper being wrong about price on a few purchases.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about going to an apple store. Pulling up the free app they have charged you for in the iPad app store, take a picture and email it to yourself....that way you can prove that it was free...or perhaps someone on this forum doesn't have the app yet and could do it for you?

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question?
Where do I see the purchasing history on iTunes?
Also, any way to see it directly on my iPad?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the title says .... looking into my history in iTunes it appears I was charged $3.38 for the iPad Forum app which was supposed to be free. I have been charged for supposedly free apps on a few occasions to date. Anyone else having this issue, or am I the only one getting screwed here?

Is it an app which has in-app charging? Sometimes users who were using free apps don't realize that some of these apps will charge you for enhancements and add-ons which cost money, e.g. games where you can buy "extra lives", etc.

OP
dru9

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Is it an app which has in-app charging? Sometimes users who were using free apps don't realize that some of these apps will charge you for enhancements and add-ons which cost money, e.g. games where you can buy "extra lives", etc.

Nope, no in app purchase. One of the charges ($3.38) was for this app that I am using now - iPad forum app, which from what I can tell is free and always was.

OP
dru9

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ingoiolo said:
Sorry for the dumb question?
Where do I see the purchasing history on iTunes?
Also, any way to see it directly on my iPad?

Sorry, maybe someone else can let you know - I check that on my laptop, but don't have that with me at the moment to do a walk through. I haven't checked for a way of finding out that info on my iPad.

OP
dru9

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dru9 said:
Nope, no in app purchase. One of the charges ($3.38) was for this app that I am using now - iPad forum app, which from what I can tell is free and always was.

I guess an 8 beside ) makes a cool guy smiley face 8)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OK, now that is strange. Could be a bug in the billing?

Most reactions

Latest posts