What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Getting Charged For Apps

ginaoh207

iPF Noob
Reaction score
question

I feel like this is a really dumb question, but I have an iPad being shipped to my house in a couple days and so far have been looking only for free apps becuase im afraid that once you buy an app it charges you the price every month. Is that the case? Or do you only buy the app once and thats it?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ginaoh207 said:
I feel like this is a really dumb question, but I have an iPad being shipped to my house in a couple days and so far have been looking only for free apps becuase im afraid that once you buy an app it charges you the price every month. Is that the case? Or do you only buy the app once and thats it?

The listed price of the apps are one time only. If there is a subscription involved it will be clear. Many of the apps are very inexpensive so that may be why you are a bit concerned.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

When you purchase an app it's a one-off charge for all time. All updates are free. If you accidentally delete the app you can download it again for no charge and Apple keep a record of all your purchases. If you purchase an app and you don't like it or it doesn't work, then you can 'phone the Apple Support Line with the purchase reference number and request a refund and it will be credited to your iTunes account, no questions asked. The purchase reference number is on your iTunes invoice, which Apple send you periodically detailing any purchases you have made.

Tim

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That happened to someone else I knew about a year ago. He thought he got lucky and was part of a glitch. So he went crazy buying stuff, all the apps and such he'd ever dreamed of having for "free." About 10 days later he got an email with a special message at the top to the effect of "due to an error with our computer system, we have been a little slow in sending out invoicing" Then on down to the statement was "Total Due - $917.53"

So don't go on an uncharged app shopping spree, it will come back to haunt you.

Holy heck, $917.53! I bet your friend about had a heart attack when he got that invoice. The only thing that concerns me is someone playing with my ipad and making purchases. Given this will only work if I just updated an app or bought something in which I entered my password but still annoying.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
Holy heck, $917.53! I bet your friend about had a heart attack when he got that invoice. The only thing that concerns me is someone playing with my ipad and making purchases. Given this will only work if I just updated an app or bought something in which I entered my password but still annoying.

Don't share your password. They can't purchase in the app store without it.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that but what I meant was say I go in and there are updates so I run the updates which requires me to enter my password. Then I set it down and my friend picks it up and starts playing with it, they can start downloading pay apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts