What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Do Any Video Editing on ipad?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I almost bought a video editing app today for the ipad, but then I came to my senses and said, "I have Adobe Master CS5 why would I buy some crappy app that will proll render like $#!^..."

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I don't, but I know some do. It would be like the music apps.... It is great for getting ideas, and structure... but of course will not take the place of a real studio.... I bet the video editing would be basic, but fun... and hopefully would allow exporting to Vegas or Final Cut or Adobe.... Of course a $10 app is not going to do everything a $500+ program is.... but could still be useful....

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"It is great for getting ideas, and structure."

ya, thats one thing I haven't thought of, of course it would be useless if you weren't able to transfer project to one of the bigger and better video software programs...

it would also be cool if they had a storyboard app where you can create storyboards on the ipad. I think I seen a link of Michael Bay showing his ipad to someone while shooting on the set. A Storyboard app would be great cause you just have your ipad with you while your shooting the film..And even if that didnt transfer you can jot down the structure of the film in the storyboard app and just have ipad near your Mac or PC and then do the editing..

I bet Hollywood is really gonna take advantage of the tablets coming out, and they will have apps for all kinds of careers in filmmaking, including budget planning, editing on set, marketing, etc.

PrimoOptimoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it would also be cool if they had a storyboard app where you can create storyboards on the ipad.

Don't have my Pad yet, but on PC, I have a storyboard blank I made in Visio or something and I use that as a base layer in SketchBook Pro, drawing and writing on one or more layers above.

Outdoorsben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use ReelDirector. It's just ok as I can't get it to read any HD clips. I use it just to trim SD clips. I give it a 3 out of 5. It needs to be able to do HD and get clips from other sources, such as goodreader.

benalmeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splice is best video editig software for Ipad. I recommanded you to have it,. I had great fun with it. This free iPad video editor let you easily splice together HD photos and videos into a good looking movie for playing on iPad or sharing online. It provides you with features very close to a full video editing software on computer, including background music, sound effects, transitions, borders, motion effects, trim video and audio, voiceover, and much more. In a word, Splice is highly recommended to edit video and make movies on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Regard's
Ben Almeer

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whenever I do video editing on my iPads I get results that are very respectable. Nothing crappy about it. They may not be professional level, but then again, I'm not a professional in that area, so I don't particularly care. I don't need the best tool available to sting together some short shots and over top of some mp3s. Thus, for home projects, doing it on an iPad is actually fun. Whether I do it on a PC or an iPad really depends, for me, on how much video I have to deal with. Most of the time, if I'd taken many GBs of video on a camera, I just do it on my PC because I don't want to consume space on my iPad (let alone trasnferring it over). Others may have different reasons for keeping it on an iPad.

marc_80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think its ver usefull sometimes. i don't alwys have a computer mit adobe with me.
the camera on the ipad3 is crappy but for web videos its okey. i use sometimes imovie
to cut my videos. it easy and renders fast.

Most reactions

Latest posts