What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-Glare film

Joanne13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't purchased an iPad yet but am seriously considering it, even though I'm a 'PC' person and unfamiliar with Apple products.

My question: Does anyone use the anti-glare 'cling' sheets to knock down the glare on the iPad? If so do they cause a lose of 'sharpness' on screen? That's ONE of the reasons I've not bought one along with the inability to use memory sticks and a 'normal pen' device. I'm used to a Wacom tablet and their 'pens' have a point which the stylus for the iPad isn't really pointed.

Anyway, my real concern right now is about the glare.

Thank you in advance for any help. :)

autophone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on my experience with anti glare or matte screen protectors is that you always lose some degree of sharpness. But if you use you devices a lot in environments where you get a lot of glares it is a small price to pay. After a while you will get used to it. If not it does help by crankin up the screen brightness a bit.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one on mine and it does not affect the sharpness too much. I personally thinks it's necessary.

Norriemca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Joanne,

First of all - do get an iPad2. I was sceptical until I was babysitting my grandchildren one evening and picked up my son's iPad. After that, I bought an iPad 2 and I can't put it down!!
Sit in your favourite armchair and surf the Internet, send
email, play games etc.etc. Without having to boot up a pc - great.

Ref your question on screen protectors, I have fitted a MOSHI .AG (anti glare) to my iPad 2. This is a USA product and available in UK from Mobilefun.co.uk. The feel of the protector is silky - better than the feel of the glass screen. The anti glare works well and doesn't dim the screen. Best of all, it is simple to apply without bubbles - guaranteed. Just type in "MOSHI AG for iPad" to You Tube and play some of the video clips.

If you do buy one, be sure to order for the iPad2 as the iPad has different holes.

Cheers

Dr Umfufu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used an anti glare on my original iPad when I went on holiday last year and it worked really well. It was only when I took it off (it was a rushed install and looked terrible) that I noticed the screen had been a little dimmed by it... To be honest if the install job had been better I would have probably never removed it....

OP
J

Joanne13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you ALL for such helpful advise!

I'm sure that if I do get the iPad ....and it's pretty much a 'sure thing' that I will ;).... I'll also try a anti-glare film. I'll try it both ways actually. What truly baffles me is why Apple doesn't put an anti-glare screen on ALL the iPads. Why not? You really don't loose sharpness by doing so, not if it's a quality screen which I'm SURE Apple would use. Or why not offer them BOTH ways (anti-glare OR regular).

It just makes NO sense to me that such advanced technology DOESN'T offer both (for the amount of money they cost).

Go figure.... :confused:

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used the targus antiglare film on my ipad1. It works, but I'm not completely happy with it. It does solve the glare problem, and I can even read the ipad outdoors now, but there is definitely a loss of sharpness. It bothers me most in low light conditions and reading fine print. The film itself is distracting enough that it causes a bit of eye strain during prolonged reading.

I may be making it sound worse than it is. Its not as horrible as many of the reviews I've read of other antiglare films, but I have to think there are better products out there.

Most reactions

Latest posts