What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Melody line of a song I transcribed.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is the piano matrix of the "animal.." song.
Again I could be wrong so please make it a point to correct me.

PMsample3.gif

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How does one use the chart? Is there an app to make it play?

OP
M

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The top basically shows you where you are on the keyboard or piano.
The piano has 88 keys with white and black keys repeating a pattern.
c1 is the first c key starting from the left.
Middle c is consider c4, which sits somewhere in the middle.
a black key is called a sharp (right of white) or a flat (left of white) of the white key next to it.
That's all there is to it. Granted you do need an ipad with an app like music studio to play the notes.

Last edited:
OP
M

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How to identify the C note or the Key in C:
There are black keys that are grouped into pairs and threes,
alternating all along the keyboard.
The white Key just left of the pair of black keys is the C note.

Since black keys are either sharp or flat (b),
the symbols # and b are designated accordingly.

OP
M

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If a key is to be pressed and held for more than one line, is there a way to denote that?

Very inquisitive, but you are getting into way advance stuff. Basically listen to the song to get the rhythm information and then figure out which keys you have to press. There is a way to represent time and sustain, just that it's more symbols and notations to know. I hope that helped and did you try to press those keys without listening or knowing the song?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very inquisitive, but you are getting into way advance stuff. Basically listen to the song to get the rhythm information and then figure out which keys you have to press. There is a way to represent time and sustain, just that it's more symbols and notations to know. I hope that helped and did you try to press those keys without listening or knowing the song?
That's what I tried. Without knowing the song, it's impossible to tell whether or not your piano matrix shows the right notes.
What's the name of the song?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Yep. Don't know the song; though playing it all as quarter notes didn't sound bad.

Most reactions

Latest posts