What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternative to Safari?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find Safari quite inadequate.

Is there any alternative browser for ipad? I know Opera Mobile is available for phones but is it any good for ipad?

Thanx

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find Safari quite inadequate.

Is there any alternative browser for ipad? I know Opera Mobile is available for phones but is it any good for ipad?

Thanx

If you want to watch Flash - albeit remotely hosted - iSwifter is the way to go. There's a free 'lite' version that you can download to check to see if it meets your needs. There are many others too, I'm sure members will give their recommendations.

The only reservation I have about iSwifter is the 'kindergarden' backdrop - please get rid of it!!!!!

Tim
Scotland

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't a better browser than firefox. Too bad it's not implemented for iPad.

I find safari ok, intuitive. A bit slow, but that's expected on embedded. It just needs flash and java.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iCab has tabs and some interesting add ons.
Also look at 360 and Browser+.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am new to Ipad and added "Atomic Web". I like it better than Safari.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
M

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But that is not free, is it?

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fraktol and multiweb are free, but I think the maven web browser is .99

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got atomic a couple days ago and I like it a lot better then the safari browser. +1 for Atomic

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mercury Browser I believe is the best alt to safari. It not like skydive to where you can get most flash content! But as a browser Mecury is by far my fav, it has Tabs, Full Screen Browsing, a great bookmark scheme, background loading, and the best part is Customizable Multi touch gestures! Example I have a two finger swipe down, to open a new tab, to finger tap on the bottom half to close window. Tow finger swipe left or right to go to respective tabs!

It takes a very short time to get used to and it not as if you have to use a preset Multi touches, and if you don't like it don't have to use it. Has Facebook and twitter integration I believe, a great word search, and countless option that I haven't even got to test out yet! O and THEMES!

There is a lite version try that out but I went straight for the pro, you get all the features. Only bad thing I can think of is having to pay for special themes but that's not really a problem I wouldn't pay for those themes but the stock ones rant bad!

Most reactions

Latest posts