What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All App updates frozen ?

mstikes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since updating to iOS 7 in September I've had instances where all Apps don't update and when I go to the update screen in the App Store I get a blank page stuck in loading. I've had it happen a few times since the update on both my iPad and iPhone and powering off completely my devices has solved the problem.

Yesterday on my iPad, when I tried downloading a new App, I couldn't find it anywhere on my iPad even though it appeared when I went into usage. I rebooted and I was once again able to download but this time I also noticed that I had new FaceTime missed calls that hadn't shower up before.

Did anyone else experience a similar problem ?

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
See if a hard reset resolves the issue. A few days ago. my apps would hang while updating. A hard reset fixed the issue.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been having the same problem for some time after iOS7 update and follow up small iOS updates. Sometimes I am able to download app updates with no problem at all but then suddenly no updates will happen, they all sit there on iTunes with the whirly wheel going round and round, in effect stuck. I power off completely and then turn back on and hey presto the updating process works again for a while and then stops again. I am experiencing this problem on my iPad 3 and my iPhone 4. It's very frustrating having to keep turning off my units every time this happens, perhaps a little quirk of iOS7 or are we the special chosen ones! lol!

Sent from Wales.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you're the chosen ones. ;-) There are four iPads in my household, all of them with the latest software, and none of them ever had problems updating apps.

Maybe resetting your iPad will help. It's in any case a good idea after updating the software of your device. To reset your iPad, press and hold Home and Power button at the same time, until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up.

There are a few other things you could try as well:
Enable Airplane Mode on your devices, wait for a few minutes, and disable them again.
Go to App Store - Featured, sign out; then sign in again with your existing Apple ID.
If all of these don't help: update the apps in iTunes on your computer and sync your devices to it afterwards.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess you're the chosen ones. ;-) There are four iPads in my household, all of them with the latest software, and none of them ever had problems updating apps. Maybe resetting your iPad will help. It's in any case a good idea after updating the software of your device. To reset your iPad, press and hold Home and Power button at the same time, until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up. There are a few other things you could try as well: Enable Airplane Mode on your devices, wait for a few minutes, and disable them again. Go to App Store - Featured, sign out; then sign in again with your existing Apple ID. If all of these don't help: update the apps in iTunes on your computer and sync your devices to it afterwards.
I am able to update apps several times but suddenly they just get stuck. I do a hard reset and then they are able to be downloaded. I am an experienced, seasoned iOS user and was just suggesting to the original poster that he/she was not alone, we seem to know how to solve the problem just, was there anyone else having the same issue!

Sent from Wales.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am able to update apps several times but suddenly they just get stuck. I do a hard reset and then they are able to be downloaded. I am an experienced, seasoned iOS user and was just suggesting to the original poster that he/she was not alone, we seem to know how to solve the problem just, was there anyone else having the same issue! Sent from Wales.
Sorry to misunderstand your post.
As said, I haven't experienced that issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts