What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Video issue

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. No matter what I do I can not get Air Video to show my selected folders. The weird thing is is that it picks up my lap top(it displays the name of the lap top) but not my folders I have added to the program. I have tried with my firewall completely disabled to see if that was the issue and no joy. Help if ya can, as I would really like to get this working. :)

poopsie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a permissions error in your OS. Is it windows or OSX? Make sure the folders you are adding are not locked, or Admin only, or on a different user account.

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi if you have windows you need to share the folders i think you can do this by right clicking on the folder ,go to properties and sharing tab, then enable them to be shared and you should be fine to see them in airvideo

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chevyguy said:
Hi all. No matter what I do I can not get Air Video to show my selected folders. The weird thing is is that it picks up my lap top(it displays the name of the lap top) but not my folders I have added to the program. I have tried with my firewall completely disabled to see if that was the issue and no joy. Help if ya can, as I would really like to get this working. :)

Depending on your version of windows, you need to do a couple of things. :

If you are using Windows 7 you need to enable file and print sharing from the network section. This will also allow you to choose what you share, password protect if desired.

In Vista, the process is nearly the same, but the workgroup names are different. This should not make any difference as long as you enable file and print sharing as above.

In itunes on your PC enable home sharing.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies, I will try these when I get home from work. I am using Windows 7, so I will try those suggestions. :)

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it to work, with the suggestions here on the board!! I didn't have the folder shared and I had to configure my firewall some, but it works now and it works great!! The video quality was very good I was honestly surprised at well it it looked. Thank you again for the help!! :)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chevyguy said:
I got it to work, with the suggestions here on the board!! I didn't have the folder shared and I had to configure my firewall some, but it works now and it works great!! The video quality was very good I was honestly surprised at well it it looked. Thank you again for the help!! :)

I'm glad your up and running, its Windows that locks things down, but it's so damn leaky it has to! There are tweaks you can make now that you know where to look. Now you can start enjoying some of the fun functions of your iPad!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts