Advice for a potential iPad buyer

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by dimunitive, May 3, 2010.

1. Kargurin

Kargurin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Don't believe what others say? Are you suggesting someone has taken over my body under the name of 'others'? That just happens to be my opinion. You simply cannot type on the virtual board like a regular keyboard. Best case senario is you put the pad on your lap in landscape mode and use one finger for each side of the keyboard. It is too small to do otherwise. Try doing that for more than a few minutes. IMO of course.

#11 Kargurin, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. AbblePC

AbblePC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Your right, you can't type on it as well as a regular keyboard. What I was merely attempting to put across, is that there is a lot of hype surrounding this device on the Internet good and bad. So with that in mind, when it comes to the keyboard or Flash, multitasking etc. (don't believe what people say) I should have said what "many" people say, they just like to repeat what the last guy said without cause for explanation or actually ever using the device.
    Many of those things will be addressed soon and the keyboard really is easy enough for some people to use with practice or sometimes right off the bat, especially if they already had been using an on screen before on an iPhone or iPod Touch. I personally have no issue, but am used to small things working with electronics and surface mount components, I also don't have large hands.
    Landscape is the easiest, lol I have to laugh there, only because there are times when using one hand to type the landscape keyboard feels to me too large. I know I will hear guff about that one, but it's true to my use. However, there are times when I do wish for a regular keyboard and is why I use and also suggested he get the keyboard dock or at least the bluetooth wireless keyboard, which I also use but rarely.