Adobe announced today that it has issued a major update to its free Adobe Reader iOS app, with some very handy new features. First up, the update makes eSignatures available to hundreds of millions of Adobe Reader users, bringing greater flexibility with it for signing, sending and managing important documents. Thanks to the integration between Adobe Reader and Adobe EchoSign eSignature service, the signature process can now have real-time visibility, giving end users the reassurance of knowing that their signed documents have been received. Hereâ€™s a list of the updateâ€™s major features, courtesy of Adobe:
- Ink Signature Tool â€“ Users can electronically sign a document by hand-drawing their signature with their finger on a touchscreen.
- Send for Signature â€“ Users can connect to Adobe EchoSign to get others to sign documents electronically, enabling senders to track and manage the status of documents online. In addition,
signed contracts are archived in the cloud, making it easy for users to retrieve documents from anywhere, at any time, via a Web browser.
- Annotate â€“ Users can choose the Highlight, Strikethrough or Underline annotation tools, and drag over any text to easily markup text.
- Comment â€“ Users can add Sticky Notes anywhere on a PDF document. Just choose the Note tool, tap, and add the comment.
- Forms Fill â€“ Users can fill out simple PDF forms, save them, and forward them on to the recipient.
Click here to download the free app:Adobe Reader for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store