What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding New Wallpaper

r3g3x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iTunes running on Windows Vista. I created a JPG that I wanted as wallpaper when my screen locks. I searched the forum for methods on how to get this thing onto the iPad but it is not working. The iPad is seen, but the directory is read-only so I can't drag-and-drop the photo. I tried to create a folder and do a sync, that did not work.

What is the easiest way to get this thing on there?

Jim

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email the picture to yourself and open it on your iPad. If you long press on the attached picture you can download it right to your iPad. Once it is on there go to settings, brightness and wallpapers, wallpapers and saved photos to set it as the lock screen image.

mithrandir1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest way I have found is to create an "iPad" folder and create sub-folders in that folder (ie. Wallpaper, Personal etc..) Once your iPad is plugged in, go to the Photos tab and add the "iPad" folder and check the "include subfolders" radio button. Once you sync, all of the files in the "iPad" folder will be on your iPad. You can drag and drop pictures, movies etc.. to the folder or delete them and they will sync automatically each time you sync.
I change wallpapers every week, so if I see one I like, I save it to the "wallpaper" folder, and it will be on my iPad the next time I sync. Also, it will be in a separate Album when you open up Photos, and you can then run a slideshow of just your wallpapers. :)

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email the picture to yourself and open it on your iPad. If you long press on the attached picture you can download it right to your iPad. Once it is on there go to settings, brightness and wallpapers, wallpapers and saved photos to set it as the lock screen image.

I've been trying to get a picture that I have on my netbook using Windows Starter 7 over to my iPad. I have emailed it to myself, I can see it in my pictures folder and I even have it on FaceBook. I just can't seem to access it via my iPad to save it. Can you tell me what a long press is?

Also, can you please tell me how to actually delete a picture that is in my iPad wallpaper group that I don't want anymore? Thanks for any and all help!

BTW, I'm new to these forums and am having difficulty getting around. :confused: Could you also tell me the correct way to "shut off" an iPad (#1)? Thanks again

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could somebody be kind enough to tell me how I can delete some of my wallpapers, both from an app and personal pictures. It's getting too crowded in my wallpaper factory! 

darkvisje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email it to your self or upload it to an wallpaper website and share it with other (check my sig for example)

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jake18oly said:

Then can you also let me know how I can delete wallpapers that I'm no longer interested in keeping?

james786

iPF Noob
Reaction score
add new wallpaper from email or website simply download it and added it as new wllpaper

Most reactions

Latest posts