What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing Google Drive on ipad

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have several apps from which I can access my google docs and edit them on the iPad but I am always wary of using third party apps to do this as I would be using the same password as I do for my gmail account. I have no problems using Dropbox, Box, etc as the documents themselves are not sensitive. It is just I feel it is risky to put my gmail password out there. Am I being paranoid?! I am hoping the Googledrive app will be out soon and this should solve my problem. How do others feel about this?

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but to be honest, I'm not too concerned about using my Gmail password.

I have a number of GMail accounts and use a specific one for sensitive documentation. I only access that one through Google.

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that as given me an idea! I could set up a new gmail account specifically to store google docs! Trouble is I would then have to move all my docs to the new account but if I do not use the gmail for mailing, I would not need to be worried about being accessed by a hacker!

Most reactions