What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Thank You..And SHSH Blog Question

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, sorry f4 dont get mad at me...the only way around the SHSH blobs is when the OFFICIAL UNtethered jailbreak is released?

and if I back up my ipad....and restore ....can I transfer my appls/games/etc back on my ipad?

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
btw F4...the second question has nothing to do with jailbreaking.

Sridhar: I like to change/modify with a jailbreak. Im just not big of "Tethered" Jailbreak

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and waiting.............

question: Where can i see when the OFFICIAL UNTETHERED JAILBREAK is released

Dev Team Blog....redmondpie

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
and waiting.............

question: Where can i see when the OFFICIAL UNTETHERED JAILBREAK is released

Dev Team Blog....redmondpie

You can be sure it will be all over this and every other fourm almost immediately, but the official place, assuming its redsn0w, will be the dev-team blog.

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright...sounds good, now I just have to be patient until untethered comes out

....you never answered my 1 questions from before f4...if I back up my ipad...and then restore to factory settings, will i lose my apps/games/etc?

thanks f4...and btw dude if i was in Scotland Id buy a brew my man...

and just out of curiosity, is your Ipad jailbreak Tethered?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright...sounds good, now I just have to be patient until untethered comes out

....you never answered my 1 questions from before f4...if I back up my ipad...and then restore to factory settings, will i lose my apps/games/etc?

thanks f4...and btw dude if i was in Scotland Id buy a brew my man...

and just out of curiosity, is your Ipad jailbreak Tethered?

No problem, i know you are just keen!

No, you can always resync with iTunes and your apps, games, and media files are reinstalled, even on another device.
When you restore your ipad it will ask if you want to set up the ipad as new or restore a backup when you connect it for the first time. Restoring from backup will also restore all your settings, saves, etc. (new is like new from the factory, so no settings) but no matter what you can always resync your apps from iTunes. The only thing you will lose are the jailbreak / Cydia apps.

I have one tethered and one untethered (no 4.2b3 blobs for the tethered one)

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol f4...alrite ill check in a little bit...and learn a few things on my way...and try to help others....btw sweetpoison=corny =):D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
is there an easy JB for ipad 4.2.1 thats untethered?

Short answer, no.

Longer answer, only if you are a registered apple developer, have 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved with Cydia, and are running on Mac, not Windows. Then you can use the beta untethered jailbreak from the dev-team (legally at least).

A full untethered solution is expected in the near future, but nobody knows exactly when.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts