What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question about the CONTACTS app.

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done something last night within my contacts app and now have 4 little boxes displayed on the bottom of each of the contacts In my list or directory.

Boxes are:

send message
Face Time
Share contact
Add to Favourites

How can I remove those 4 boxes and go back to what I had before playing around with things?
Thank you

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well they weren't there for over 7 months.
Just appeared last night when I was mucking around.
I prefer not having them there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you don't use FaceTime or the Messages app then go into Settings and turn them off. That will leave you with the Share Contact box. No way to get rid of that, as far as I know.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you don't use FaceTime or the Messages app then go into Settings and turn them off. That will leave you with the Share Contact box. No way to get rid of that, as far as I know.

You're a genius, thanks.
It works like a dream.

Think the reason they just showed up, is that yesterday I updated to the new IOS and there they were.

sdoyle21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hellpppppp! I have the same problem. Those boxes are there and that's fine, but there is no + symbol to add new contacts. Where is it and how do I get it back?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
sdoyle21 said:
Hellpppppp! I have the same problem. Those boxes are there and that's fine, but there is no + symbol to add new contacts. Where is it and how do I get it back?

It should be on the left page, under the list of contacts.

If you have more than one contact address book set to sync, go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and make sure you have selected a default account. Otherwise all I can suggest are the usual fixes.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Clear: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

--------------------------------
When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Clear: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

lizliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please explain why i cant get anyone on my facetime, tho i know both of us are definetely online? I keep getting ".. not available for facetime.."? Help!

Most reactions

Latest posts