What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question about apps re-installing

Maceasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I apologize for asking this, I want to make sure of what needs to be checked / unchecked so apps are not re-installed.

When I sync my Ipad, there are 69 apps that want to install and I thought I have everything checked / unchecked correctly.

Why are these apps wanting to install?

tumblr_n4hzb1fLCY1saa1x7o1_1280.jpg

Here is a video of the preferences. Are the proper things checked / unchecked?

video [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkPg96bd_vc[/video]

Note (as seen in the video) . . . Should this option under 'devices' . . . (prevent Ipods, Iphones, and Ipads from syncing autopmatically)'
. . . be checked or unchecked? (question 1)

On the device, you uncheck 'automatic downloads' under Settings > Itunes and App Stores . . . Is this right? (question 2)

tumblr_n4i0m2Ezk31saa1x7o1_400.jpg

When I bought Ipod Touch, I didnt know about syncing. I would organize my apps on the device time and time again. But now I know, that "Itunes is like a mothership. However Itunes organized, it will be synced on your devices"

Thank you for the help
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those apps are downloading to iTunes on your computer, not to your iPad. It's normal for this to happen during a sync.

OP
M

Maceasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for making that clarification.

It downloaded 69 apps and the App total went from 469 (before the sync) to 403 (after the sync). Why did the number go down?

tumblr_n4iqnrwkIe1saa1x7o1_250.jpg

Most reactions