What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This message has gotten progressively worse and now occurs about 40% of the time. Is there any way to fix this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I saw this a couple times on this forum a few days ago, but it seems to have cleared up. That was on my iMac.

All you can do is try restarting or reseting the iPad. When Safari is running low on RAM errors and page reloads are more likely to happen. This is especially acute on the iPad 2, which has half the RAM as latter models.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the Off slider appears. Slide Off. When shutdown is complete hold down the power button for 3 seconds (or until the Apple Logo appears).

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple Logo appears.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get this, too, although perhaps not as frequently. For my part I believe it occurs mostly with UK online newspapers and is perhaps caused by the adverts.

Annoying, but I just let it reload.

I wonder whether trying another browser might help. I have been experimenting with the browser Mercury, as it can load pages without displaying images. I cannot comment at present as to your problem but will try and see if it is any different. (Using another browser does introduce another pain- exporting bookmarks from Safari...)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have several iPads from the iPad 2 to the iPad Air 2 and almost all of these page reloads occur on the iPad 2, with its 500MB of RAM. I believe twerppoet has the best explanation.

Sensei Bear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fixed this problem (ipad 2 wifi model) by disabling javascript in safari settings. I am yet to find a website that has required me to re-enable it. Daily mail site (I know, its fascist garbage..) especially works everytime now... (IOS 9.3.5)

CD Sailor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fixed this problem (ipad 2 wifi model) by disabling javascript in safari settings. I am yet to find a website that has required me to re-enable it. Daily mail site (I know, its fascist garbage..) especially works everytime now... (IOS 9.3.5)
I just tried that. The "quote" and "reply" options on this forum were disabled by that action so I re-enabled the JavaScript. Good as new!
It was worth a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts