What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 finger swipe

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
since I've updated to iOS 8 the five finger swipe isn't working to close my apps or pages any more. Is anyone else having problems with this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you mean the four/five finger pinch? That's supposed to close apps to the home screen. The swipe moves between them.

Go to Settings > General > Multitask Gestures and make sure they are turned on. Sometimes settings get defaulted with an update.

I don't normally use the four/five finger gestures, but I turned them on briefly for testing and they worked.

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They were on but I turned them off then back on and it seems to be working thanks....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

Still a few bugs in the system; but I kind of expected that. First release versions are like that almost everywhere. So far there have been workaround for everything I've encountered, so I'm still happy.

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm happy too, even more so that I can close my app with the pinch/swipe lol. I'm still learning all the cool new stuff it has to offer....

Most reactions

Latest posts