What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Effect in Apple's Jason Hall - Organising A Movement feature.

SamArmstrong99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just been reading Apple's new ad/feature titled 'Jason Hall - Organising A Movement' and noticed not only the fantastic clarity of the photos but also the fact they appeared to be seemingly split layered so that if you move or swivel your iPad on say the image of Jason cycling in front of a house or the image of the large group of cyclists the background seems to move independently.

Whilst the feature covers several of the apps Jason has used to get his group together, notably Prezi, Phoster & Penultimate there is nothing there that I can see which could have been used to create this effect ..... am I being thick and it is something unbelievably simple to do or is there simply an app to create this stunning 3d type effect. Either way is there anyone who can offer any advice?

http://www.apple.com/uk/your-verse/organizing-a-movement/?cid=www-uk-yv-jason-rd

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is something that is being done on the site, using CSS most likely. It was not created on the iPad. At least not in the sense that the effect was created on the iPad. The pictures used to create the effect may or may not have been taken with an iPad.

Basically they've taken two pictures; one of the bikes and one with the background. They made part of the foreground picture transparent, and use CSS to change the relative position of the two pictures based on their position on the screen/page.

At least what I'm guessing they are doing.

OP
SamArmstrong99

SamArmstrong99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that Twerpoet .... feared it may be way beyond my capability and sounds like it is but it is certainly a cool effect that perhaps someone should consider creating an app to replicate.

Anyone out there up for the challenge? :rolleyes:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lytro

Not an app, but a camera that can create that effect. The actual pictures/effects need to be viewed online or in apps made for viewing. They mostly talk about the ability to re-focus an image after the fact, but limited perspective shifts are also possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts