What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube link from Safari opening native Youtube app.

bunraku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

When i am on Safari and googling something that brings up a youtube link, if i click on it, it opens the native youtube app. I can watch the video, but there is no back button to take me back to the safari webpage.

The only thing i can do is close the youtube app and have to restart safari. Is there a way to fix it so i can go to the youtube webpage instead of the app or is there another fix for this??

Thanx

Mksanva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, this is the way it works for the moment. Don't really like the youtube app on the iPad, I usually go to the Youtube website which works pretty well on the iPad.

wayneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But when you re open safari, it stays on the last page visited. If you double click the home button, it's simple to toggle back.

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi .. bunraku .. after you done watching the youtube, have you tried pushing the home button twice ? ... this will open the the most recent apps you have used on the bottom of your ipad .. (backgrounder apps) .. your safari apps most likely will be there .. click to open the safari and it will return to the last page

ryanlawrence171

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hbiphonelabs.com
Yes, YouTube is native application in iPhone so every youtube video will open in it’s youtube native application, but you don’t need to restart safari after watching video , safari is working in background just use multitasking panel and switch to safari again.

d168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lost youtube on ipad and tried to access youtube playlist from safari

Since I lost youtube from ipad I turned to safari for youtube videos. I have several youbute playlists. When I log on with my user name to Youtube account the playlists would come up. When I use safari on my PC there is no problem. But when I tried to log on youtube through safari on my ipad my youtube user name was not displayed. Instead my gmail address was displayed. My playlists are not accessible unless I use my user name.
I wonder if there is a way to allow my username to be displayed on Youtube when opened from safari on ipad.
I wish I had explained my issue better. I hope someone can understand my concern and give me some direction. Thanks.
D168

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
d168 said:
Since I lost youtube from ipad I turned to safari for youtube videos. I have several youbute playlists. When I log on with my user name to Youtube account the playlists would come up. When I use safari on my PC there is no problem. But when I tried to log on youtube through safari on my ipad my youtube user name was not displayed. Instead my gmail address was displayed. My playlists are not accessible unless I use my user name.
I wonder if there is a way to allow my username to be displayed on Youtube when opened from safari on ipad.
I wish I had explained my issue better. I hope someone can understand my concern and give me some direction. Thanks.
D168

Have you tried the YouTube iPhone app? It works on the iPad as well and you can sign in with your username. It's a free app available in the App Store.

image-3443294854.jpg

image-1423051921.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts