What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube Fullscreen not working

Lugui1537

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, first post, so I hope this is the right section.
so the problem is I dont have a pretty good internet, so im not able to play hd videos always. That means I hav o us the safari browser youtube, so i can change the resolution (something you cant do in the youtube app). But today, when entered the browser and got to youtube, the video format was the same as the pc format (windows) meaning I could change the resolution especifically (yay!) but when I tried o go fullscreen, the bar with all the windows and adresses didn't go away (the bar at the top, wich name i cant remember). I really wanted to be able to change the resolution freely, but fullscreen is more important, anyone had this issue before? My pc is showing the BSOD so any help with computer based softwares is welcome for future events, but I needed something to do inside the ipad (2 ios 5.1.1).

edit
sorry, no images, I dont know how to post them from the ipad, and Ive got no pc to upload them from there. All I can do to help is saying tat the format is the same as the pc format as it is written in the 4th line

Last edited:

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. It looks like YouTube changed their HTML 5 settings and although we are able to display YouTube from m.youtube.com in a larger window, doing full screen no longer fully enlarges the app, it just fills the area between the tabs, which are now visible when watching YouTube.

Simply put, YouTube is ignoring that this is a safari browser and the video isn't launching like it used to.

ASkiles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what it looks like:

photo.PNG

ASkiles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bit better in Dolphin. This seems to be a problem, every app wants their title bar crap on screen at all times. Ustream is another offender. Great content but the UX is awful. It makes their app worthless.

photo (1).PNG

Reaction score
Hmmm I've never seen this before.

But I think you may want to either reset or reboot your iPad. It may fix the problem.

drsachin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
Hmmm I've never seen this before.

But I think you may want to either reset or reboot your iPad. It may fix the problem.

There is a new app called youtube watch later. You can get full screen view in best available resolution.

matador

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what it looks like:

View attachment 25781

I have the very same problem. Reset/reboot doesn't solve the problem.
I have an ipdad 2.
iOS6 removed the Apple's Youtube app.
Since then, I use the browser (Safari & Chrome) to watch videos from Youtube, and it seems
impossible to get rid of the address bar.
I also installed official Youtube app. still not full screen.
This is really annoying.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

UPDATE:
Here's the solution (in my case).
I ran the browser (Safari), went to youtube.com, and LOGGED IN to my youtube account.
Now I have the full screen back!

Tried it again without logging in >> the same thing = no full screen.

Hope this helps in your case too.

Last edited:

Most reactions