What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube and fullscreen on tv with hdmi connection

dcaccount

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have connected iPad to tv through original hdmi adapter. My problem is that YouTube is not mirrowed in full screen on tv using the YouTube application.

Jasmine application allows on the contrary full screen playing but only in low res, needless to say I would like 1080p.

Is there a solution to this issue? Please help.

Thanks a lot, daniele

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried the zoom feature on your TV? That how I do it when I take my iPad over to the GFs place. Works great once you hit the zoom button.

At my place, I have Apple TV which fills the screen on movies, but I rarely watch movies this way. Mainly I use it for testing things for people on this forum.

OP
D

dcaccount

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the zoom feature on your TV? That how I do it when I take my iPad over to the GFs place. Works great once you hit the zoom button.

At my place, I have Apple TV which fills the screen on movies, but I rarely watch movies this way. Mainly I use it for testing things for people on this forum.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I have not tried as I am afraid, I will loose resolution if I use zoom; or am I mistaking?

There are games that are mirrowed full screen natively so in my opinion it does depend on the app.

Thanks for the help, daniele

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It may have to do with the settings you're using on your tv. On my tvs, I always get full screen, but not on hers. Since I'm not over there all the time, I don't go giggering around with her stuff.

Play around with it. I doubt you will be able to tell a resolution lost. If you send out an HD signal, tvs are good at scaling to fit the screen. The first rule is to start with an hd source.

Most reactions