What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air HDMI Full Screen

blackjays24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iPad Air with 8.1.2 installed, it's jailbroken with Cydia

I'm wondering if there is any Cydia applications that will allow me to force my iPad air into fullscreen on my HD TV using the lightning HDMI adapter.

It puts movies and stuff in full screen, which is great, but not certain games that I play.

There was one app, but it isn't compatible with my software version.

So in short, is there currently an app I can download to force my iPad always into full screen on my TV?

Thanks!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If there is one, you'll effectively be either stretching the image or cropping it top and bottom to provide coverage on the full 16:9 ratio TV screen.

The reason? The iPad screen is not the same ratio as a television. The best display result is actually what you get now - fitting the entire iPad display on your TV.

If you do a bit of research between the difference of mirroring and full AirPlay playback of media files, you'll notice why.

Most reactions

Latest posts