What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo e-mail question

Herb9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Yahoo e-mail app. working great on my Ipad3.
However, how do I tell it to delete the duplicate e-mails on my computer when I delete them on my Ipad3. When traveling, I don't want my messages to be stored up on my desktop computer.
Herb

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to access the account online (browser) and look at your settings there, or at the settings on the computer.

OP
H

Herb9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll have to access the account online (browser) and look at your settings there, or at the settings on the computer.
How do I access the account online (browser)?

OP
H

Herb9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a browser, enter yahoo.com or www.yahoo.com. Select the mail icon at the top right. Then login and look for your settings. You can use your iPad (Safari or another browser) to do this.
Don't I have to sync my Ipad3 and desktop computer first?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Yahoo Mail app syncs emails automatically. There's nothing you can do.

There's a setting in the online account or on the PC that's preventing the same on your PC.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Used to be that Yahoo only offered POP3 accounts for desktop mail clients. Those don't sync. If they still do this your best bet is to use your web browser to visit Yahoo mail when on the desktop.

OP
H

Herb9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Used to be that Yahoo only offered POP3 accounts for desktop mail clients. Those don't sync. If they still do this your best bet is to use your web browser to visit Yahoo mail when on the desktop.
Got it working now. Thanks to both of you for the help.
Herb

Most reactions

Latest posts