What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo calendar not syncing

Pickle021880

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 with and an iPad 2 both running ios5. Before updating all the events on my calander synced between the two. Since the update any of the calander events that are in yahoo don't go onto my iPad. How do I fix this?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The update did some very interesting things to the Yahoo account. It is possible it did not transition well. My recommendation is to go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, choose your Yahoo account and delete it. Be sure to select to delete/remove data on the iPad. That will prevent duplication.

Visit the Mail, Calendar, and Notes (if you used this) apps to make sure the data is gone.

Now add the account again. If you get keep/merge options, it's always safest to chose merge. You can always weed out duplicates later.

If you had not noticed before, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the new syncing options.

Trishas01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. MY IPAD calendar is showing only some of the events that I have in my Yahoo calendar. Any ideas how to fix this?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm getting duplicates as well! TwerpPoet, what calendar should I have as default? I have gmail, iCloud, pocket informant and I also use the calendar app. I'm getting so confused. I'm wondering if I can just use iCloud as the default?

flachp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 with and an iPad 2 both running ios5. Before updating all the events on my calander synced between the two. Since the update any of the calander events that are in yahoo don't go onto my iPad. How do I fix this?

I have got exactly the same problem. It all worked fine before I installed ios5. Peter

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
As twerppoet suggested, has anyone tried deleting the associated email account and re-adding it? That's fixed issues like this for others.

That's what I ended up doing, so far so good but I'm a bit confused on what to enable in my iCloud, gmail and yahoo settings. We' see what happens after a few syncs and back ups

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the yahoo calendar is in it's own cloud-would it matter if it is than synced to the apple cloud? Maybe that is the reason why Hayles66 is getting duplicates. Can you turn off the calendar on the cloud and see if yahoo can work correctly and independently? Just a thought.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll definitely try that. It's just I'd like to know what everyone else is doing?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm getting duplicates as well! TwerpPoet, what calendar should I have as default? I have gmail, iCloud, pocket informant and I also use the calendar app. I'm getting so confused. I'm wondering if I can just use iCloud as the default?

Mndf was having duplication problems with email. Your calendar problem could have the same root cause.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/51057-duplicate-mailboxes.html

Other than that, all I can think of is that maybe Pocket Informant needs updating to iOS 5 and iCloud. I don't use it, so I can't be sure, but it's ability to work with the local Calendar app may have been messed up by syncing with iCloud as well. Whether ditching the other services and just using iCloud will be enough, I don't know. It depends too much on what and how you use things.

The default calendar setting, btw, only decides what calendar events will be created in by default if you don't have a specific one selected AFIK.

Most reactions

Latest posts