What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo Calendar not syncing

Sue1248

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Searched through the forum but could not find any answers on how to fix the sync on my Yahoo calendar.

After upgrading to ios7 the yahoo calendar stopped syncing. Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Searched through the forum but could not find any answers on how to fix the sync on my Yahoo calendar. After upgrading to ios7 the yahoo calendar stopped syncing. Does anyone have a fix? Thanks.
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Make sure it's your default calendar an Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars.
Look at the Calendar app. Tap "Calendars" at the bottom:

image-455055353.jpg

It should be check marked, which means that it's enabled.

After updating, it's always a good idea to reset the iPad. Settings or files won't be lost by performing this. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let the iPad power up.

Hope that helps.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So if I have a google (gmail) calendar default and a Yahoo calendar it will only sync with the default? Or will it display both calendars in the ipad but only update (sync) the google calendar?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should sync and update both calendars, if they are enabled in the Calendar app. It doesnt't need to be the default calendar. That one will be pre-selected every time when you add a new event.
It's just easier to choose the one as default calendar that has to sync to all the other devices as well, to make sure the event will appear there.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sue1248

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After more searching on the internet, I found a suggestion to retype my Yahoo password in the Settings. That did it! My ipad calendar
now syncs with Yahoo.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad it's working now. Thank you for posting the solution. It might help another member with a similar issue.

Most reactions