What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xilisoft iPad Video Converter 6

pointdexler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anybody advise how to set the resolution of the video higher than 720x576 ? I just can't get it higher.. there isn't any more selection, just 720 x 576 by default.

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anybody advise how to set the resolution of the video higher than 720x576 ? I just can't get it higher.. there isn't any more selection, just 720 x 576 by default.
I don't use Xilisoft, but why is 720x576 even a setting? That's not 4:3 or 16:9, and even DVD quality is only 480p so why would they expand the height by 176px? Maybe you should look for a different video converter...

T

TJK

I tried The Xilisoft trial version and had the same question......never figured it out but I did try ripping a few 3 minute samples and they played fine on my iPad but I don't think they looked great, just OK.

I ended up using 3 different programs but have the ultimate flexibility in both ripping and encoding for multiple devices:
DVD Decrypter (free) rips the DVD to my hard disk
Handbrake (free) encodes to MP4 for iPad
VLC (free) for verification of the files and ALSO acts as a plug in with the proper decryption for Handbrlake to function on certain files.

For the proper settings for iPad in handbrake just do a search for "handbrake iPad PLIST file". Load the PLIST file with th proper parameters for iPad.

This is a bit tweaky at first but after a couple of tests I got the process down and get great quality video for my iPad from my DVD collection.

OP
P

pointdexler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I found how to change the resolution. You need to click on the Profile after you load your movie to be converted and select either ipad HD for 1280x720 or other resolution.
For Handbrake, it takes a long long time to convert one HD movies to iPAD. But its FREE.

Most reactions

Latest posts