What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would You let Apple Take Control of your iPad?

Kadee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a new iPad. For days I tried to figure out why iTunes would not recognize my computer. I went to the Apple
website and typed in the url. There were lots of Apple websites, so I clicked on the one that looked identical to the one
shown on the card I received with my new iPad.

Within two minutes (as stated on their website), someone called me back as I gave them my phone number.
I let them take over my computer, and the problem was solved within minutes. I had control of my cursor, but have no
clue what I actually clicked on. All I know is that iTunes now works.

I told a friend how impressed I was with Apple's service, and was told I should never do that because how do I know it
was actually an Apple rep, that they probably installed spyware, etc., on my computer.

Did I make a huge mistake? How in the world would I know if I actually spoke to an Apple tech?

It truly is a shame that you cannot trust anyone anymore.

Thanks!

Kadee

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Always make sure you are at the official Apple website before releasing any information - such as your phone number. I would trust Apple to take over my device if I were sure that it was the Apple website.. and I'm a very privacy-oriented person.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Always make sure you are at the official Apple website before releasing any information - such as your phone number. I would trust Apple to take over my device if I were sure that it was the Apple website.. and I'm a very privacy-oriented person.

I've also done it with Dell, but again make sure you know who it really is you are dealing with first.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's the site you used? Post it here.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There shouldn't be a problem. This is an Apple Support website.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Taking control of you computer is common when providing support Many users here whom offer support including myself to clients do it all the time. Some times it is free but in the real world costs are usually from $50 per 30 minutes access. In saying that accessing a iPad remote is a different issue. I am sure some one will respond to this but in the real world it is almost impossible due to the controls that Apple has

Most reactions