What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would this app be popular?

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish the app store offered an app that allowed me to purchase monthly air time for my IP3 4G LTE. It would be easier for me to purchase itunes gift cards and gift air time to me and my family through my itunes account.
Could this ever be possible? Isn't it a good idea?

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I think it would be a good idea, I also think Apple could offer accessories through iTunes as well.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably will never happen. Apple would want 30% of the cost and that means either the carriers take a cut or you pay more. Which do you think will happen first?

OP
R

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Probably will never happen. Apple would want 30% of the cost and that means either the carriers take a cut or you pay more. Which do you think will happen first?

I understand that.
However, if more folks are inclined to purchase airtime for themselves or loved ones, wouldn't this increase sales making both parties happy?
A little cooperation and realizing the big picture is needed.
But .....you're prolly right it won't happen.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, I can simply log into my verizon account and unsusepend my cellular service on my iPad and then I'm good to go for the next month. then I can turn if off. I do wish, I could just buy so much and have it cut off whenever I run through it. Verizon just give you so much a month and if you don't use it, your loss. It kinda sucks how they treat customers.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ronaldo said:
I wish the app store offered an app that allowed me to purchase monthly air time for my IP3 4G LTE. It would be easier for me to purchase itunes gift cards and gift air time to me and my family through my itunes account.
Could this ever be possible? Isn't it a good idea?

Hello Ronaldo, If Apple was an all encompassing hardware, software, connectivity, internet, cable, telephone company, you would be able to buy airtime via iTunes. There has to be a line somewhere. This reminds me of the movie: Field of Dreams. In that movie the main character was advised "If you build it, they will come." Same with Apple. They built the iPad and they--you and and me, developers, publishers, movie studios, music labels, internet service providers like AT&T, Verizon (or whatever cellular data provider is in your country) came and bought.

There is a way to gift air time...here in the United States, you can buy airtime cards from AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc. You might want to check in with your provider and see if they offer gift cards.

OP
R

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Hello Ronaldo, If Apple was an all encompassing hardware, software, connectivity, internet, cable, telephone company, you would be able to buy airtime via iTunes. There has to be a line somewhere. This reminds me of the movie: Field of Dreams. In that movie the main character was advised "If you build it, they will come." Same with Apple. They built the iPad and they--you and and me, developers, publishers, movie studios, music labels, internet service providers like AT&T, Verizon (or whatever cellular data provider is in your country) came and bought.

There is a way to gift air time...here in the United States, you can buy airtime cards from AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc. You might want to check in with your provider and see if they offer gift cards.

I did not know that you could gift airtime with a provider. I will definitely check this. Thanks a lot!

Most reactions