What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the iPad2 support the use of two pairs of bluetooth headphones simultanously?

mhunt3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The DVD player in our van went out so I am using the iPad for the kids movies on long trips (movies stream wirelessly from SeaGate GoFlex Satellie - Works Great!). I would like to completely eliminate wires by connecting two sets of bluetooth headphones to the iPad. Does anyone know if this will work?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think so.
I've only seen two different connections at the same time. Like tethered to an iPhone and playing to a Bluetooth speaker.

Anybody else know?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might be able to do it with a 1-phono-jack-into-2-phono-sockets adapter, using 2 BT dongles. I've no idea if that would work, though. What you can't do is use 2 headphones direct with the same iPad both at the same time. You can only use one paired item at a time. It's the same as if you have a speaker and headphones both paired with your iPad - you have to select which one you want to use.

Last edited:

stampfree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rpely

The DVD player in our van went out so I am using the iPad for the kids movies on long trips (movies stream wirelessly from SeaGate GoFlex Satellie - Works Great!). I would like to completely eliminate wires by connecting two sets of bluetooth headphones to the iPad. Does anyone know if this will work?

Regarding your post a few months back on the IPad 2 in the car with 2 pairs of headphones, what did you end up doing. I am on the same path.

Most reactions

Latest posts