What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi shuts off and resets

iNTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad this Sunday and already having an issue with the wifi resetting.

It drops connection then get the notice of wifi connections available. When I choose my wifi or any connection I already logged into it will ask me for the password again. All my other iDevices and anything connecting to my wifi are working.

Should I try restoring? The iPad came with 4.3.3 and I have already tried a hard reset.

Anyone else have this problem?

If this is a software problem I can wait till iOS 5 if not I'll just take it to apple.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you got it set to 'Automatically join known networks'?

How strong is the signal on the iPad WiFi 'fan' where you are using it?

Tim

I just got my iPad this Sunday and already having an issue with the wifi resetting.

It drops connection then get the notice of wifi connections available. When I choose my wifi or any connection I already logged into it will ask me for the password again. All my other iDevices and anything connecting to my wifi are working.

Should I try restoring? The iPad came with 4.3.3 and I have already tried a hard reset.

If this is a software problem I can wait till iOS 5 if not I'll just take it to apple.

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not a iOS issue. It's your specific iPad. Did you try to restore on iTunes? If still occurs, bring it back and get a replacement!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.

Brian089

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I Got The Same Problem?

Reaction score

Have you tried resetting your router? Turn it off and unplug for about 2-8 minutes, depending on brand.
How many devices are allowed on the router at a time? Make sure it is more than the number of wifi devices in your household
Do you have a guest network? If so does the iPad stay connected to it?
What security setting do you have your router set to? I've found wpa works best on my iPad with a static ip address. Since going that route I've had 0 drops.
What I did to establish a static ip address was copy the last good info in the dynamic settings of the iPad into the static. There is a known " lease renewal" bug in iOS 4.0 and above and establishing a static address eliminates the need for lease renewal between iPads and routers that it affects. Many routers work fine, some don't without the workarounds. Mine didn't start showing up until 4.3.1 and my wife's is still 4.2 and works fine without any tweaks.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

OP
I

iNTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have auto join off. My router is new and up to date. I have my iPhone, XBOX and iPad on access list and never have more then 4 things connected at one time. I had a similar problem with my 3GS where the entire network settings reset. Turns out it was the iOS and had to restore as new.

Going to try this and see if it happens again.

Cwolfe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue. Help just started!

My iPad I have had about 6 weeks. It just started where i get this message "server is not responding". I have to keep resetting network. Help, again just started Friday.

OP
I

iNTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a restore as new and it's been working. I'll see how it does when I am out on the road.

Most reactions

Latest posts