What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Extender - No Safari Connection

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(
A few days ago I added a Netgear WiFi extender to get a better signal in my townhouse. Worked fine for 2 days.
Now, eventhough I get the wifi bars showing a connection, Safari will not open any page. I get the message "Safari cannot open because you are not connected to the Internet"; but the wifi indicator in the upper left shows the bars asif it were.
In the available WiFi networks, it shows my network and another with the same name with EXT added (extended). It will not connect to either.
Then, I turn off the extender. Still no connection with the original network eventhough the EXT option is now gone.
I have checked everything I know how to do.
One more thing. There is a Starbucks near my office and I CAN get a signal when I am there, but not off of my home hetwork.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Most reactions